Friday, November 26, 2010

Time to Give Thanks

Ok, so with only urban Rage left on the calender, I think its due time for me to give thanks to EVERYONE who has helped me and stood by me throughout the year!

Team Jeep South Africa (including Clint Morck and Bex van de Linde for there support and advise) and all associated sponsors- John Dory's, ER24, Tropitone, Varsity College and Stedone Hazycrest Projects. These guys are the back bone of my team, and without them the team would simply not be able to survive.

Max Cluer- Team manager/owner, for his guidance, support and understanding, as well as all the hours that he puts into the team behind the scenes. This guy is a machine and an energy bunny of note.

Craig Paul- a Guru with a spanner, always making sure that my bike is running smoothly and a very big role model, training partner and mentor to me! I could not have asked for a better team captain.

Johann Wykerd and W Squared- for his selfless commitment to so many people and for all the help in so many ways. Always giving advise, being a mentor and being a close friend. A huge Thank you Johann for ensuring that I was able to ride a Merida 96 carbon for 2010. You and Allegra are an inspiration to so many and I applaud you for it.

HUGE thanks needs to, without a doubt go out to an EXTREMELY special lady. My Coach, Allegra Wykerd, has stood by me for many years, despite the circumstances and always ensured that I was as well prepared as possible.

Grant Dinkel- Adrenaline Cycles. On a few occasions, Grant opened his shop doors well after 8pm to help me out when I had discovered a problem that needed sorting before a race, and was always willing to squeeze me in on short notice! What he does for the youngsters in the sport is also amazing. Keep up the good work.

The Steyn family in Pretoria for putting us up with accommodation on two separate occasions and especially Nettie for running me to and from Fountains in preparation for SA Champs. "Julle is die beste"

Grant Walliser for assisting me with Nokian Tyres. They are a fantastic product and really contributed to my results. Thank you once again.

Then lastly, my parents and brother. They have to be THE most supportive family in the entire cycling world. Always attending EVERY SINGLE RACE that I do. They drive to opposite sides of the country while I fly, just to show their support. These people are the reason I'm able to race!

Thank you to everyone for your support this year.It has been your support that has enabled me to race and I thank you for it.

Here's looking forward to the 2011 Season, which should be a real humdinger.

No comments: