Tuesday, February 21, 2012

State Side - My 2nd home


If you guys didn't know already, Im back in the States to begin my first full blown season as a Professional Mountainbiker. My first major race is on 3 March, down in Texas, The Mellow Johnny's Pro XCT. The week following that Im racing the 2nd round of the Pro XCT series here in California at Bonelli Park. So as you can tell, I'm have a pretty insanely crazy schedule at the moment.

Friday we're having our first team photo shoot of the year here in OC. Im pretty excited as we'll be getting some more new gear and I'll get to test out the new steed for the first time.Let me just start off by saying that it is one PRETTY bike! Im ecstatic to be on the S-Works Epic 29 again for 2012. Thanks to Specialized and Team Sho-Air for providing me with the best equipment for the task that lays ahead.
The new baby.
The new Jakroo Team kit is insane

So, after my last race in South Africa, the first round of our national series, I flew back to the States, and what a trip! SHEESH! A nine hour flight to Dubai went by pretty fast, but once I got onto the flight to the US... lets just say my entire mood took a turn for the worse. A very large man occupied about 98percent of my seat, this was fine because there was an empty seat to my right, but when I went onto move the arm rest so I could use the spare seat, the lady two chairs down from me (which actually turned out to be the enlarge man's wife) put her feet up onto the spare seat. So I sat in the most unbelievably awkward position for around 16hours. So my trip back here was a little bumpy, but since I've been back, life has been really good. It's been really awesome to catch up with my team managers, my room mates and friends. The training is also going super good, I got back yesterday from a couple days of hill training around my girlfriends home town of Ventura. The riding out there is absolutely unbelievable!

O well, just thought I'd hit up a post before heading out for my ride!

Catch ya later
B

Super stoked to be award my South African National Colours for representing South Africa at World Championships last year.

No comments: