Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Giving Back




Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago I was asked to do a small presentation and talk at my primary school of seven awesome years, in New Hanover. Where I managed to catch up with my old teachers as well as give the kids a really brief talk about my affiliation with the school and speak to them about my journey of becoming a professional athlete. The main point of my talk was to encourage each and every one of the kids to pursue the dreams, to stove to be an individual and to never give up on something they believe in.

Then came the much anticipated Team Relay, where teams of 2 or more kids would tackle 5 laps of a 4km loop around the grounds of the school. It was really encouraging to see all the kids participating, and even more eye opening to see the young talent being produced in the area. In the end the small team of Beani Thies and Travis Stedman utterly destroyed everyone, but a fun day was had by all!


A huge thanks to the Head Master and staff of New Hanover Primary for having me. Another big shout out to all the kids who came out to help support and participate!

Thanks to Mrs. Stedman for the photos.

B

No comments: