Friday, September 23, 2011

Back State Side


Hey guys

Been quite a long time since I did my last blog post. Its been a crazy past few weeks. In the two weeks that I've been back here in the US I've driven the entire length of the State of California and into Bend, Oregon. I've moved into a new house with Johnny Muller, have done some amazing riding, have done 200kph in around 5seconds, in a Custom Dodge Viper, whew... its been crazy!!!!

A lot has happened but I'll just give you a little taste of some of the things. So I landed here 2 weeks ago, 2 days later I was in the Sho-Air Sprinter van, heading up the freeway towards Oregon for the 2012 US National Marathon Championships. I made the trip up with Team Mechanic, Paul, and Ollie, a Cat1 35-39 racer. Ollie is the Chief mechanic for the Graves Yamaha Super bike team, and has worked with the likes of Ben and Eric Bostrom. We had a real fun trip up to the beautiful town of Bend, where we met up with Team Manager, Ty Kady, His wife, Davy, and Pro/Elite Womens Rider, Pua Mata. So, the days that followed were filled with awesome riding, some of the most fun single track I've ever ridden. Just miles and miles of mind blowing, flowing single track. I dont think there was a time where there wasnt a smile on my face. Ty and I blasted down the trails, railing the berms, gapping the jumps and hammering the fast flowing sections, and the great thing was, we got to do it over and over again, the trails just didnt seem to end. Saturday dawned, and it was time for the citizens, ie. Ty, Pua and Ollie to get down to racing. Things went off without a hitch, Pua won the womens race convincingly, Ty destroyed the Cat1 30-34 Mens race and Ollie managed to pull off a 4th in the Cat1 35-39 mens. What is super cool is the fact that Ty has won 3 national titles in the year alone in all XC mountain bike disciplines- Short Track, Cross Country and Marathon!!! Pretty impressive stuff!!

Unfortunately Sunday meant we had to leave and say good bye to Bend and also meant that I had another epic drive back down to LA. But I'm here now, having an awesome time and I'm surrounded by awesome people! The climate in LA is perfect for riding. its warm all the time and winter only kicks in very late in the year.

I'm now in a house, that team owner, Scott Tedro provided, with Marketing Guru, John Muller and his girlfriend. They're an awesome couple and are really helping me get from place to place and to where I need to be. The riding here is really awesome. I've just started to ride again after having taken some time off the bike after World Championships, and I'm really loving it. Scott has helped out a lot and has provided me with the tools I need to get the job done. His love for the sport is remarkable and is aways willing to give a lending hand. Ty and Scott have also taken me on some pretty sweet riding over the past couple of days. Ty has also been running around, helped me sort out my bank account a gym membership etc etc. The bottom line is the people down here at Sho-Air International are an awesome, select bunch of professionals. I'd just like to thank Scott, Ty and John for all the help and all the work that they have, and continue to do.


B





No comments: