Sunday, July 31, 2011

Its good to be home

Hey guys,

Well, now that I'm back in RSA, final preparation is WELL underway! Its my last couple of super intense weeks before heading over to Switzerland for the UCI World Championships!

Oh, and incase you havent heard, I'm now under the colours of US based team Sho-Air/Specialized Racing. The guys from the team have been really awesome, with only 2 days left in the States, they were able to get me the Specialized Epic S-Works 29er, along with a bunch of kit, bottles, apparel etc!! A huge thanks to Scott Tedro, Ty Kady and Johnny Muller. Johnny is the brains behind the amazing remodel of my blog!! looking really cool!!

I also need to thank my previous sponsors, Team Jeep South Africa and Ellsworth Bicycles. They were both willing to release me from contract to join the new team. Jeep has been alongside me for the past 5 years, and I always had amazing support from them, to Max, Clint, Bex, Bron and Sarah for your amazing support and loyalty to me as an athlete, I thank you! I really appreciate the endless hours that you put into the team! It did not go unnoticed. To Johann Wykerd (Ellsworth Importer) I thank you for the opportunity to ride such an amazing brand. The Ellsworth stood strong the entire season, never letting me down. I still believe that the Ellsworth is an awesome piece of racing equipment.

I will be leaving for the USA almost directly after returning from Switzerland on the 6th of September. I will be heading out to Las Vegas for the 2012 Interbike convention, where our new pro team will be officially announced. I'll then stay over there until december, where I will return to RSA to complete the remainder of my Base Training, enjoy some family time over Christmas and my Birthday, and then head back over early February where I will start my 3 year contract with the amazing setup that Sho-Air/Specialized have.

Check out a couple of photos Darren Goddard got during a photoshoot in the new kit.









No comments: