Sunday, May 29, 2011

A Very Special Thank you

With my trip to the US just hours away, I feel that a huge thanks needs to go out to a number of people who have helped make it possible!

Johann Wykerd for all his time, effort, advice and input over the years

Allegra Wykerd for all the many hours of her own time ensuring that I would eventually be prepared to follow my dreams

Burry Stander for all his support, advice and encouragement

Team Jeep South Africa for their backing over the last 4 seasons

Max Cluer who pulled some interesting strings and ensuring we were always tops.

Clint Morck who never fails to amaze, working tirelessly behind the scenes

Bronwen Blunden who is such an inspiration and a lady who can get things done

Bex van der Linde for all her support

The guys from 32GI

Craig Wright who has become a source of backup and incredible support. Thanks for the spare wheels

Craig Paul who has been a fantastic mentor and friend since joining Team Jeep

Caitlin de Wet and her family for their help while in Windham

Dellah Paul who helped navigate many a mine field and was always happy to give advice

Lynn Vogel for arranging air fares that I do not think will ever be matched

My aunt- Lynne Davids without who's assistance this trip would not have been possible

Clint Olsen and the Cyclelab team for the awesome tyres

Mike for the super sharp ForEx rates

Tony Ellsworth and his entire team at Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles Inc who will be taking care of me while I am in California and in Idaho at the US Nationals.

To all those in the States, including:
Summer
Chiapin
Bryan
Gus
Riley
Joey
Alex
These people who I have yet to physically meet have accepted me with open arms and will ensure that this trip will be one that will remain in my memory for many many years to come.

All the above mentioned names have had a major influence on my trip in one way or another, but the people I owe the greatest thank you to, are my family... My mom, dad and brother. Having their full support makes chasing my dreams far easier and their support through thick and thin has been nothing short of amazing.

I thank everyone mentioned above as well as everyone who supports me out there at the races! If it weren't for you, my next post wouldn't be coming from the US!!

4 comments:

Summer said...

The man has arrived and is on his way to town for some lunch. Trying to minimize his jet lag. Excited to host! Ellsworth Bikes

Summer said...

We are so excited to host! Looking forward to a great few weeks. Ellsworth

riverwoman said...

Hi Brendon. You dared to dream big, and the universe responded. Enjoy, be humble and be awesom. Gran!

riverwoman said...

You dared to dream big and the universe responded. Be present, spontaneous, humble and awesome. Love Gran (elsa)