Monday, October 5, 2009

Lake Eland Classic and Getaway

Hey guys

Sorry its been a long time since I updated. Been away from home most of the holiday at my Girlfriends farm in Port Shepstone. It was really good to get away, It was super relaxing and as always had some AMAZING riding!

While down there I took part in the Lake Eland Super Classic, in Oribi Gorge. This was my first race I had taken part in as a training ride and must say it was very different riding so much slower than at race pace. The ride was very enjoyable, mainly because I actually got to take in most of the beautiful scenery around the area.

I rode most of the race with Candice Neethling and managed to help her with a couple technical issues she had with her bike. All in all it was great fun! Congrats to Craig who pulled of the win!

The rest of the weekend up to Thursday, I stayed at the Neethling's farm along with James Reid. Although the weather was pretty mizz we still rode some awesome rocky, super technical single track, and of course some really cool passes in and around the gorges. Unfortunately I snapped my derailleur while riding one of the paths out in the tribal area, which was really a bleak moment... lucky for me it was the last day, I don't think I could've handled not being able to go riding with the others...

It was so amazing spending time away and managed to get in some other form of riding in, it was really a relaxing and relieving experience, now I'm fully into base training in prep for next years season!

Don't forget.... Friday evening is the Energizer Night Relay, which is held at Hilton College. Craig and I will be teaming up, hoping for a good result. Come join in the fun and watch a different form of Racing!!!!

Ciao Ciao
B




No comments: