Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Some Free Time

Hey all!

Well the calender doesn't have any races for the next couple of weeks so I should be able to get in some really good miles.

This last weekend was the social ride at Bushview Bike Park near Camperdown. It was really cool to see WSquared and Adrenaline Cycles displaying and lending out demo bike for the afternoon. The afternoon was fulled with some activities which included the fast xc lap where I placed second, the most laps around the pump track and the biggest crash on the Dirt Jumps. It was major fun and awesome to just go out and have a chilled ride with some awesome mates.

After making plans with the mates we organised to go out for a 4hr mtb ride from my house on Sunday Morning. After leaving my house a tad past 7, James Reid (mr price scott) Luke Roberts (maverick) Travis Walker (DCM Chrome) and I ventured into the forest of Cascades and made our way up to Hilton. Once in Hilton, we cruised into Cowan House. We rode around in Cowan House and Cedara, trying to find every possible single track trail, and I think that some of the track we found really blew away James and Luke as they are rarely able to come and ride such awesome trails! After a really awesome and fun filled ride we headed to Coffeeberry Cafe to refuel before heading back to my house. The weekend was super fun and was great to have no pressure to race, and to just chill with friends who I usually compete against.

This weekend I'm off to Port Shepstone for Kirsten's Birthday, and hopefully I'll get to ride some of the mind blowing trails in the Lake Eland area.



Until Next time

B

No comments: